National Eligibility Entrance Test (NEET) is the qualifying examination for MBBS and BDS programs in Indian medical colleges. It was earlier known as AIPMT (All India Pre-Medical Test). Like JEE, this too is conducted by NTA (National Testing Agency). It is very useful for the students who want to do Undergraduate Medicine (MBBS), Dentistry (BDS), and AYUSH (BAMS, BUMS, BHMS, etc.) courses in government and some private institutions in India. Also, this exam will be of great help to you if you want to get a first aid qualification abroad.
A total of 355 MBBS and 300 Dental colleges have been shortlisted by MCI (Medical Council of India) which will come under the aegis of NEET. All these colleges offer a total of 43,700 MBBS seats and 24,800 dental seats across India. If you are thinking that clearing NEET is important for you to study medical courses then you must know that as per the Government of India, it is mandatory to clear the NEET exam to study medical courses in India and abroad.
NEET 2024 Full Form, All Details
Before applying for NEET you must read the notification to check whether you fall under the eligibility criteria or not. However, the exam criteria will vary on a state or all-India basis. So, check accordingly and don’t get confused. The agency may release NEET 2024 notifications in 5 regional languages along with the languages English, Hindi, and Urdu. So, if you need you can refer to the official NEET Notification in the language of your choice to access all the details.
Earlier, several states, including Andhra Pradesh, Karnataka, Gujarat, West Bengal, and Tamil Nadu, had refused the exam, saying there had been a drastic change in the syllabus. Hence, the NEET exam was declared unconstitutional in the year 2012 by the Supreme Court of India. However, it was returned on April 11, 2016. You have to work hard so that you can easily get a seat in the college of your choice or in one of the top government colleges in India.
Neet Full From in English: National Eligibility Entrance Test
Neet Full From in Hindi: राष्ट्रीय पात्रता व प्रवेश परीक्षा
The exam is conducted for those people who are willing to make their career in the field of medical studies. Hence, there are certain mandatory criteria that a candidate must fulfill to be able to appear in NEET. So in this section, we provide you with a brief about the eligibility criteria for NEET 2024.
You must be a citizen of India. The age criteria should be fulfilled as per the notification released by the Govt. Candidates who are appearing or have appeared in class 12 can apply for NEET. Their admission is confirmed only after passing the class 12 final exam. Read more.
Data of number of applicants in the previous years
For clear information we provide you with the table below, the number of applicants who appeared for this exam has varied over the years.
|Year||Date of Examination||No. of candidates Registered|
|2022||7 May 2023||1872317|
|2021||12 September 2021*||1,614,777|
|2020||13 September 2020*||1,597,435|
|2019||5 May 2019||1,519,375|
|2018||6 May 2018||1,326,725|
|2017||7 May 2017||1,138,890|
|2016||24 July 2021 (Phase II)||802,594|
|1 May 2016 (Phase I)|
|2015||Exam not held (AIPMT held instead)|
|2013||5 May 2013||717,127|
NEET 2024 Answer Key, Result, Admit Card
In this section, we are providing here a little brief information about admit card, answer key, and exam results for NEET.
NTA will issue the admit card in online mode only. However, the date for downloading the admit card for NEET has not been released yet. You need to enter your D.O.B and Application Number to download NEET Admit Card.
For more details about admit card click here.
The officials will release the NEET answer key usually 2-3 weeks after the exam is conducted. NTA will release the answer key in PDF format along with uploading the OMR response sheet of the candidate.
To know all the details of the answer key you can click here.
You need to provide their date of birth and roll number to download the NEET result. In the result you can also check NEET cutoff marks, total marks, percentile, AIR, marks obtained in each subject (PCB), and AIQ rank (All India quota). ), and category rank. After the result, you will have to go through counseling.
To know details about NEET results click here.
We provide you with some preparation tips in this section, you must follow a strategic study plan to ensure a good score in this exam.
- Create a timetable: A timetable can help you plan and follow your study routine regularly. It will also help you to work on your weaker sections. It will also inculcate a sense of seriousness and discipline in your exam preparation. Make sure you follow your timetable strictly otherwise it will not be of any use to you.
- Previous year and sample papers: Practice is the key to success in this exam, you have to complete 180 questions within a duration of 3 hours, which means you get only 1 minute for each question. So, you have to develop the habit of quick solving or you will not be able to solve all the questions in the given time.
- Notes are important: Notes are your friend if you want to improve your memory. While studying a topic always try to write the important points very clearly so that when you read it later you do not need to study the whole subject again. With this, you can revise things very easily. This will also save your time before the exam.
- Revision: Make sure to revise on a regular basis. Because it is very important for your exam preparation. Make sure to know about your strong and weak areas while revising. You have to revise the formulas and their derivations as they are important for exam preparation.
- Breaks are important: You should avoid long study sessions or study continuously for hours. Breaks in between studies are important as it helps to refresh your mind and after that, you can easily solve those questions which you were facing problem while solving earlier. You need to plan and take timely breaks between your study sessions to prepare for the exam in a better way.
Hope you liked our article on What is NEET? If you have any doubt regarding this article then feel free to ask us in the comment section. We are glad to assist you. All the best for your upcoming board exams.